10. I live in an "orange-themed" house with an orange dog an an orange cat.
9. I have lived in Cannon Falls since 2001. My family has been working its way back to Minnesota after starting in the Bemidji area, on to a stop in Michigan's UP for about a year and a half, then a ten year stay in Genoa, Wisconsin. Our ultimate plan to to head back up north to the Bemidji area when we retire.
8. Contrary to what #10 might make you think, my favorite color is purple.
7. I love to read~check out the bookshelves in my classroom~there are more at home too! My mom, sister, and brother all are kind of crazy about books.
6. I enjoy outdoor activities~walking, riding quads and snowmobiles, and fishing.
5. I have a BS in Education from Bemidji State University and a Masters from the University of Wisconsin, LaCrosse. I have used this to teach 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, numerous long-term positions, substituted, and worked as a home-bound instructor. I have an elementary and three middle school licenses. Every now and then I get the bug to go back to school, we'll see where that takes me.
4. I have an older brother and an older sister who are the same age for one day each year.
3. I have two sons: TJ and Travis. TJ is a photographer in Minneapolis and Travis is a sculptor in New York City. It's pretty quiet around the house these days, so I really enjoy when I get to have them at home.
2. I am married to my husband, Todd.
1. I want to make school be a learning, fun, educational, safe, and memorable experience. I feel that I have a lot of knowledge to share.